Sunday, December 23, 2012

Reflection of a Fighter


Here is a guest post from our very own fighter Adrien "Kaew" Team Quest Thailand. Adrien reflects on the ups and downs this year he has went through.

"My fight on Saturday night will be my last fight of this year. Losing by TKO in round one was not the way I would have liked to finish my year and I am pretty pissed off by my performance. But when I sat down and thought about it afterward, I have no regrets. I had to think about how I started this year and how I ended it to understand. I started training Muay Thai just over a year and a half ago without any martial arts background at all. I just came to Thailand to travel and started training Muay Thai for fun. I decided to give it my all and put all my heart into this sport, because for once in my life I had found something I really enjoyed. I had one goal in mind, if I trained hard every day trying to get better I could one day be a professional.

After only 1 year I was given the opportunity to fight at one of Muay Thais most prestigious Stadiums: Lumpinee. My dream came true when I stepped in the ring, I didn't feel any pressure and I had a big smile on my face. After that first fight things started to move very fast, the level of my opponents increased exponentially. When I entered the Kai Yan Ha Dao Tournament, I was a huge underdog and no one expected me to win 1 fight. Fighting beside fighters with 200 to 300 fights, some of them champions, I also doubted I could win as well. But I was willing to try and put all of my heart and energy into my training and the fight. I ended up placing 2nd in my group, winning 2 times and losing once. Giving me the chance to go to the semi finals, something I had never thought I would achieve. Then I hit a wall, the wall that is in front of me right now, this hindrance, I will overcome it for my own sake. I will do as I always do, keep aiming for the top, until there is nothing left above me! 15 fights this year, 11 wins and 4 losses, at the greatest level of Muay Thai. Now it's time to take a break and rest my body. I would like to wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year, and always remember to follow your dreams is the only way to happiness!

Adrien "Kaew" Team Quest Thailand"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More